The most popular 45 analytical essay topics are grouped by the subject to make the process of finding the best one for your essay as easy as possible.
What Is an Analytical Essay?
An analytical essay is a type of essay that analyzes, examines, and interprets things such as an event, a book, poem, play or other work of art. An analytical essay means you will need to present some type of argument, or claim, about what you are analyzing.
Keep in mind that analytical essay is not a summary. Analytical essay outline is usually structured according to the five paragraph essay with an introduction, three body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Top 45 Analytical Essay Topics
- Drug use in sports. Analyze the reasons why top-ranked sportsmen use drugs.
- Street art and graffiti. Why is it so popular nowadays?
- Multicultural societies. Define the notion of the multicultural society.
- Body size and modeling. How does body size influence the quality of one’s life?
- Changing gender roles. Do you believe in gender roles? Why are they changing?
- Single parent families. Does it affect child psychology?
- Differences in communication between men and women.
- Double-career families. Is it possible to balance career and family life?
- Multicultural families. Is it possible to avoid cultural dominance?
- Influence of music on the health condition. Does music really have a therapeutic effect?
- Analyze the main character of the book/poem. (e.g. Romeo)
- Analyze one of the key events in a book/poem. (e.g. Romeo drinking poison)
- Analyze cultural and historical context of the book.
- Analyze how the author’s background influenced his books/poems.
- Describe the mood of a literary work.
- Describe the way horror movies and TV-shows influence child psychology.
- Analyze in what way shows for children can be helpful/harmful?
- Look at a TV series that is based on true events.
- Evaluate a movie that is based on a novel.
- What makes a moving Christmas movie?
- Why do people have phobias?
- Why do people have different hair color?
- Why do people have different tastes in music, food, clothing etc.?
- Why some people appear to be homosexual?
- What makes some people introverts and other extroverts?
- Why do people begin smoking and drinking alcohol?
- What causes love?
- Why do teenagers so rebellious?
- Why do teenage girls idolize male celebrities?
- Why do first-born children tend to be achievers?
- Why do people use animal testing? Are there any ways to avoid it?
- Is it true that cats hate dogs?
- Why is nature so therapeutic?
- Why do ants and bees live in colonies?
- Why do pets good for kids?
- Can only people create music?
- Why are butterflies attracted to fire?
- Why are dogs so faithful?
- Why do cats love boxes?
- Are microbes useful or harmful for human beings?
- Describe the nature of the allergy. Why do some living beings have it while others don’t?
- Do parrots really speak?
- Why some breeds of animals succumb to training (dogs, bears) and others are not (hens, snakes)?
- Why is poaching so common? How can people stop it?
- Do trees and plants have a kind of consciousness?
More Essay Topics to Choose From in 2023
Our essay writing service did additional analysis on text topics, checking whether there is something you can write on, taking into account any recent events. You are still free to use any other essay topics given in other sections. Consider those as needed additions to add more to your strategy on how to write an analytical essay:
- Do automatic cars pose a danger to people or can they save us from a crash?
- Space travel is not worth the billions of dollars we spend on it.
- Who is responsible for the spread of antibiotic-resistant bacteria?
- Can meditation and yoga replace psychological counseling?
- Can teachers and parents prevent bullying or are children cruel by nature?
- Would a theocratic society be peaceful or oppressive?
- Who is responsible for the economic crisis: the government or the people who voted for it?
- Can high taxes help overcome the economic crisis?
- Which movie or book best suited the portrayal of the current state of the environment?
- Who is the most misunderstood historical figure of all time?
- How do you make sure that future generations remember you?
- Should human cloning be banned?
- How will shale gas production affect local ecosystems?
- Technological progress has changed our lives for the worse.
- Is using the energy of the atom not justified?
Additional Tips to Write the Best Essay
It is important to consider practical factors when choosing a research topic. Here are some helpful factors to consider:
- Available resources: Do you have the financial resources, equipment, and skills to conduct the research?
- Available time: Do you have enough time to conduct the research and write a report or thesis?
- Accessibility of data: Is the data needed for your research readily available?
- Ethics: Is the proposed research ethical and does it meet the ethical standards of your field?
- Potential impact: What is the potential impact of your research on your field and on society at large?
By considering these factors, you should be able to select a topic that is feasible and has a significant impact. It is important to note that these factors can also change over the course of the research, so it is essential to continue to monitor them and adapt accordingly.
The Main Mistakes When Writing an Essay
- Grammatical and punctuation mistakes. Errors in the text will cross out the entire work of the candidate – because they say at the very least that he or she has not even checked his or her own work.
- Logical errors. Arguments should prove the author’s thesis, not refute it. Moreover, they should not prove another thesis.
- Repetition of ideas. It is not necessary to repeat the same idea twice, though in different words. The exception is a restated thesis in the conclusion.
- Use of inappropriate language. The job application essay must be written in a business style: using jargon and foul language is prohibited.