Sentence Starters For Essays: Opening Remarks
Sentence starters for writing are essential when it comes to writing all kinds of stories. If you want to make your paper interesting then you need to learn the way to make your writing intriguing from the first sentences. That’s why sentence starters were invented, to make stories and all kinds of writing flawless and exciting at the same time. We know that some of you may think that it’s barely possible to write a good story or paper without the help of some essay writing service. And that’s why we decided to create this article to show you that barely anyone can write a good paper, and for that matter, sentence starters will be a really good matter for you. In this article, we will try to tell you everything that you will need to know about this useful writing tool and how to properly use it in different kinds of writing.
Why Are Sentence Starters So Important For Your Writing?
You may start wondering why we highlighted the whole article to such a specific topic as sentence starters. We are sure that many students didn’t pay enough attention to such important details as sentence starters for essays. Usually, students do not care about the fact of what their completed paper looks like. Because of that the final result of their paper may not look exactly as you wanted them to. Your paper may sound illogical, flat, and even boring. And all this is because of the absence of the necessary essay starters that will make your paper so much better. That’s why in this paragraph we’ve collected the main reasons why you should start paying more attention to the sentence starters.
They Tie the Story Together
If you will use the sentence starters correctly you will be able to easily tie all of your story’s parts in a logical way. We assume that there were situations when you didn’t like the paper you have written before. Probably you read it after you have completed it, and your essay didn’t feel like the whole story, or it just didn’t sound well. We are sure that that happened to you and the reason for that is because you didn’t use them correctly. So if you want to tie up your story and make it sound better, use them correctly.
They Help to Comprehend the Story
Another important reason why you should implement sentence starters in your papers is that it will be a great way to simplify the understanding of the paper for your future readers. It’s well-known that adding these sentences to your story will greatly improve the total understanding of the topic of discussion from your readers. So if you do not want your audience to leave the auditory with a look of incomprehension, then add them to your paper right now.
They Make the Story More Sounding
It’s also well-known that without sentence starters, your paper will not sound too good. It will sound cut off, not logical, and most likely your reader will not even want to read it to the end. If you want to avoid such a fate for your great paper, the best solution for this is adding sentence starters. We assure you that if you will not underestimate this important tool it will bring you a lot of usefulness and your paper will receive much more praise than they have ever received before.
Sentence Starters For Descriptive Writing
As you may already know from your college, descriptive writing is a type of paper where you will have to describe some place, person, subject, event, or anything else. Another interesting fact is that the description must be told from your side because descriptive writing should be built the way you’re describing things that were formed in your own mind. And that’s why as you already may have guessed you should also implement the sentence starters to your descriptive writing as well. And in this section we have collected the best of them, that will be suitable for such a piece of writing.
- That happened one day before…
- I didn’t believe my eyes…
- This story has happened…
- I was shocked because…
- There is one story I wanted to tell you…
- I wish I could feel that once again…
- Out of the blue…
- Suddenly there were…
- I wish I could tell her…
- There is a story that happened…
And this is not the whole list of sentence starters that you will be able to use in your papers and writings. We only wanted to share with you some of the most common sentence starters that you will be able to use in your descriptive writing. But do not forget that you can come up with some that weren’t mentioned or even come up with some new ones that will suit your story.
When to Use Sentence Starters for Personal Statement?
Using sentence starters in academic writing can bring a lot of benefits. While such transition words add more sense and euphony to the essay you are writing, they can also act in a contrary way. Thus it is quite important to learn the rules that will help you orientate in putting sentence starters in the correct place and under the right circumstances. By knowing the following simple piece of advice you will never confuse the way on how to put transition words in your work.
- Don’t overuse sentence starters. Indeed, they make the sentence sound pleasant to our ears but adding too many verb sentence starters will not make the situation better. On the contrary, teachers while reading your essay may determine you as not a professional in writing. But you definitely don’t want to be in such a situation. So the first rule in using sentence starters is to put them into the work in moderation.
- Put translation words that determine the beginning of the sentence when you introduce a new idea. If you are starting a new paragraph, jumping through the examples for your argument, or simply starting a new thought – these are the right places to put sentence starters.
- Add some more sentence starters examples at the end of the story. When writing a conclusion or summary for your essay, you can also add these phrases to leave your readers on a pleasant note. Even though sentence starters are more suitable for the beginning of the sentence, some of them will perfectly fit the wrapping-up part.
- Make use of sentence starters if you want to pay attention to something. A great way to emphasize an idea in your work is to put a special phrase that will warn the audience about something important. This makes the sentence stand out from the whole text so you will definitely pay attention to a certain detail in your work.
- Feel free to add sentence starters if you want to hook the readers. If you are planning on catching the readers’ ears, these phrases will surely help you to make it happen. The thing is, when we are reading a single text, we don’t pay special attention. But when the text is written with a figurative speech, it immediately warms up our concentration on the topic.
- If you want to show the connection between the ideas. Sentence starters examples don’t only work well for starting the idea. They are also suitable for connecting your sentences so the text sounds smooth and coherent. With the help of such transition words, you can also create contrast or show the order of things.
- When your idea lacks context. Sentence starters can fulfill every thought you might be explaining. If you feel like the argument you are developing lacks background or additional information, then you can definitely think about the right transition phrase to use.
Sentence Starters For Conclusions
Sentence Starters may also be used in the conclusions as well. You didn’t think that you need to use your sentence starters only at the beginning and forget about them till the conclusion? The fact is that if you want to make your paper sound really good you need to implement suitable starters to your sentences as much as possible, and especially you should do that in the conclusion of your paper. It will give your paper the necessary sound and you will surely be satisfied with the final result. That’s why in this section we have added some great sentence starters for your essay conclusions.
- In conclusion…
- To wrap things up…
- Long story short…
- As you may have guessed…
- All in all…
- In general…
- For this reason…
- To sum things up…
- As expressed…
You will be able to use these great sentence starters in your conclusions for different papers. But do not forget that this list is far bigger than the one we have mentioned here. So if you want to make your conclusions in your essays, research papers, or other types of writing, you should always definitely add these words-connectors to your conclusion. You will note really soon how much the quality of your papers will be implemented after this decision.
Sentence Starters for Stories: An Ultimate List of Examples
If you are looking for real examples of sentence starters, you have to be in the right place. We have gathered for you different types of such phrases that you can use for different purposes in your essay or any other type of academic paper. Find the list of the best sentence starters below.
|When introducing the idea use:|
|The work is focused on…||…is presented…||…is taken under analysis…|
|In this essay…||…is explained…||…is researched…|
|The paper discusses…||…is explored…||…is identified…|
|The main theme…||…is covered…||…is determined…|
|Here, we will cover…||… is discussed…||…is depicted…|
|The focal point of this work is…||…is pointed out…||…is illustrated…|
|Giving emphasis to…||…is viewed…||…is investigated…|
|Opinions on are||…is shown…||…is reviewed…|
|When concluding your essay use:|
|To sum up,||Therefore,||In simple words,|
|Wrapping up,||All in all,||To put it shortly,|
|In conclusion,||All things considered,||To review,|
|To summarize,||Thus,||To put the thighs together,|
|When contrasting things in your work:|
|On the contrary,||In contrast,||Regardless of,|
|However,||Likewise,||In defiance of,|
|From another point of view,||On the other way,||Contrary to,|
|On the other hand,||Despite that,||That aside,|
|When adding the ideas use:|
|Moreover,||Additionally,||To continue with,|
|Firstly,…secondly…||Another important point is,||Earlier,|
|Furthermore,||As well as,||Finally,|
|Just as important,||Afterwards,||Indeed,|
|Also,||In addition,||Coupled with…|
|When showing the results use:|
|In the result,||Thereupon,||For all of those reasons,|
|Accordingly,||The effect is,||This is why,|
|The outcome is,||After analyzing,||So then,|
|Subsequently,||For that reason,||Because,|
|Following this,||Due to,||As you can see,|
|When presenting someone’s ideas use:|
|According to,||For example,||Referring to,|
|In accordance with,||For instance,||Based on…|
|As stated by,||As analyzed by,||With regard to,|
|As written by,||Relating to,||As explained by…|
Sentence starters are those helpful tools that will definitely make your essay sound better. They can be used for many purposes: to begin the idea, to show the contrast, to refer to someone, to conclude the sentences, to add more ideas, to present the background, and to show the outcome or relationship.
If you know how to properly use sentence starters, you can improve your writing greatly. With these transition phrases, you will be able to hook the readers, turn their attention to the important points, effectively present your ideas, or simply write a high-quality essay. So we recommend using the examples of sentence starters on a daily basis and with time they will come in handy.